An overripe pomegranate was sitting on the counter and I thought I'd try using the bright red juicy berries to add to a boiled book. Maybe it would turn red inside? Hmmm... Do you think?
I also thought it would be a good time to try some liittle pieces of old cotton fabric from a pillow case. Seems like it should absorb about anything it's so old. So, I alternated fabric and watercolor paper in a stack with leaves off my deck, and the pomegranate seeds. Same routine as former experiments, layerd between tiles with rocks on top in the pot. This time I didn't use any clamps. I trusted the weight of the rocks to keep some pressure on the papers. Boiled1 1/2 hour, took out and let them settle overnight. Here's how they looked the next day.
Here is the fabric as I peeled it off the leaves.
I don't know how lasting this color will be. I didn't pretreat the fabric with anything to help it set the color. I guess time will tell. I might try ironing half of them anc compare later.
I'm not tires of this process yet, so will probably do more experiments as time permits. I hope you have tried it too.