Wednesday, October 30, 2019

This one is finished.

This one was a really fun challenge. I started with an all over collage, thinking it would become a simple vase of flowers.   Wellllll..... its hardly simple.

I sketched the flowers in charcoal, then the glass.   And the table top.  Then i painted the flowers in acryllics. 

I often work on several pieces at a time.  In this instance i had green and blue on my pallet so chose to cover some of the collage pieces, as it was so busy the flowers would never stand out. Little by little I glazed over some colors so patterns would  show through, and other places painted pieces and did some random mark making techniques to add interest.

I know it probably could benefit from simplifying background, toning it down even more...but I really like it this way. So, Im done, its signed and sealed.