Sunday, February 28, 2021

Thinking ahead to Easter

 I had so much fun with those collaged hearts, I decided to make collaged Easter Eggs.  For these instead of working on old quilt pieces, I am working on recycled watercolor paper.  Right over some paintings I didnt like. 

These are two sided. I used scraps of paper napkins and tissue paper as well as vintage text pages from old books.
This cross is cardboard cut from an Amazon delivery box.  Little paper scraps were pressed into heavy gesso, then allowed to dry thoroughly.  3 D Crytal Laquer was dripped onto each paper bit to give it a raised appearance. It looks much like broken china bits now.  

I planned to do this for many years.  Finally did it and am very pleased with the results.  I was pleasantly surprised to see this old product on my shelf had not dried out.