Thursday, April 29, 2021

Kitty kitty. Or is it?

 I challenged my mixed media group to try the torn paper collage cat technique i showed a few posts back.  I wanted to make another one and did the background.  

Heres where serendipity stepped in and took over.  I had a scrap on my work table, an old photocopy of a photo I took of a sea gull years ago on the coast.  It had fallen out of something I was moving.   I had once played with it in photoshop and posterized it.  That converted it to planes of shades of grey.  

 I placed it on the background with the radiating rays behind it.  I decided instead of painting it I would collage it, cut it out and mount it over the background. 

I loved the gull, but it kind of got lost against such a bright busy background.  Adding a thin wash of transparent white helped.  But by now I had a creative rush of ideas, so this where it took me.  Lol.