Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Kits, kit 1

 A friend was given two kits for watercolors.  She is not a painter but an avid crafter, so she asked me to paint them for her.  With extra time during pandemic, I thought, why not?

They are made by Letsmakeart.com.  There are tutorials online but I skipped them.  Kit comes with full size design to trace, tracing paper, two sheets of student grade paper, liquid paints, 2 brushes, written directions and a small color print of image .     

I started the cowboy boots painting first as it was my friends 


least favorite.  Tracing, easy peasy.   Painting not as easy.  These paints are staining and cannot be lifted as my own watercolors. But in the end results were acceptible.   This one came with 5 colors.  Tahoe blue, fuschia, burnt orange, deep yellow, and amethyst.   Without watching the video, I was on my own mixing colors.  Really challenging.   

I can see why a crafter could be put off by this kit.  The colors given are not evident in the finished work. Generally most crafters but the colors they want and do not mix their own.  That's what turned her off.  But for people who work with watercolors and like the challenge of mixing and blending colors it can be fun.