Saturday, March 6, 2010

Monoprinting



A previous post points you over to my other blog where I explained the process I used to make monoprints. Now, I've been playing around with a new process. This time I first drew (traced) an image onto deli wrap with water soluble crayons. Then I applied a very fast light smooth coat of fluid matte medium onto some paper, and pressed the deli wrap (colored side down) onto the coated page. Just a few seconds of rubbing and the colors are transferred. I like this method better than working with the water. It's fast and is more controlable. Here are the new pics.

One of the good things about this method is that it can be used in an altered book very easily. Water might make the pages warp, but the fluid matte medium didn't affect the pages I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment