Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June 1st




One rain storm after another. Thunder, gully washing downpours. Is this June?

I went to the senior center today to paint, without my rain jacket since it was sunny when i went inside. But after an hour or so someone said to look outside and sure enough it was pouring down. I was working on blocking in a drawing with water color pencils. I don't know what this will turn into, it was busy work - no purpose other than to entertain myself and keeps hands busy while we chatted with each other. The pale pic is the pencil version. This afternoon at home I went back in with acrylic liquid medium which makes the w/c pencils turn into acrylic paint. It just picks up the pigments and mixes with the medium. I still don't know what will become of this. I'm hoping my muse, Lollie, will come back and whisper in my ear that it needs this or that.

I got a nice post card today from Linda Giese. In fact, it is very special. She recently taught this technique and used it here. Don't you love it?

No comments:

Post a Comment