Monday, June 18, 2018

Paint pouring on rocks

Stockton is one of the cities involved with painting rocks as good will ambassadors.    My son found one in a parking lot in Crescent City with the label on it saying Stockon Rocks.   There is a facebook group that tracks them. The finderscare asked to log in and post the location where it was found. The finder can keep it ir move it.  This one had traveled 300 miles. 

So since my paint pouring was not very good, I figured I would do better with something small. Some of the painters are painting portraits, cartoons, flowers, lots of graphic type images, etc.    But recently some people had posted oucs if their marbled rocks done by pouring paints. Its all over You Tube.   

This is y first batch.   First I wandered around outside and collected the rocks.   Then I set up a work station in my studio.  Craft paints, water, Flotrol the latex based product that dilutes the paints and allows it to pour smoothly.   Cups and a stirrer for mixing. A good apron, latex gloves and deli wrap to set the drippy messes on while the pain mixes and flows and ultimately dries.   What do you know....it worked.     I think they are quite pretty.  And after a quick spray of gloss sealer, they will be ready to go.   Think I will go spray them now.