Monday, August 27, 2018

Country Roads series

My morning watercolors are focused on country roads for the time being.    My grown son's off road trail bike club took some fantastic photos that I am using for some of these.   Some others are revamped versions of last years paintings that were in a smaller format.     These are all 6 x 8 inches. 
 The first one is inspired by a photo taken by my sons group in the high Sierras on a ridge.    Where the air is crisp.    I am leaving it unfinished.      I think I will paint it again with the foilage.   

The second is inspired by a Joyce Hicks watercolor.

This is based on a photo I took in the foothills of the Sierras on a road trip with a friend who was raised in the area.  She knew just where to find the scenic roads.


The above painting is inspired by an oil painting by Colley Whisson in Queensland.     Thai fog or mist intrigued me enough to paint it twice.