Friday, August 10, 2018

Gone fishing

Our mixed media group did a fish project with these paper fish I bought from Amazon last year.    I tucked them away somewhere safe, and lost them. When I was looking for something else, I found the fish again and decided it was time to pull them out and do them before I lost them again. We started by doing some work with water soluble crayons, and then brought them out to my studio where we sprayed them with deylusion ink sprays through various stencils.

A few years ago our group was interested in using stencils and spray inks on journal pages.   I had not used these materials for at least 2 years. It was fun to get them out  again and found they had not dried out. 

 I've always liked fish as a theme and although these are meant to be windsocks, I cut them in half so it gave us more pieces to work with.   Everyone went home happy with beautiful fish.   

These are hanging in my studio.