Saturday, January 19, 2019

New Books

Well Shutterfly was a fun site to hang with during storm and headcold.  First I created the book of Country Roads.  It's really hard to edit down my watercolor studies to a 20 page format.  I have nearly 100 paintings to choose from. But I managed.  Can't wait to see it in print.

Then I started the next one celebrating my youngest son's offroad bike group.    OMAR. Old Men Adventure Riders.  They have such a good time and visit such remote, interesting places, often in the high Sierras.   I used photos they shared on FB.   This is a present for Matt.  I think he will love it.

Then I got another free offer, so created a book  of my watercolor abstract studies.  Again, I've done more than 100, but have given many away.   Making the selections and laying them out is the hardest part.  I really worked hard on this one. Including more text.  Got it to perfection and placed order..but it would not upload.  Several failed attempts, then contact with their support team, suggesting my tablet may be having memory overload.  So, ran clean up service, and tried again.  But then found my book had been scrubbed out of the system.  Damn!  Double Damn!!

This morning I redid it.  From memory, this time "my" memory.  It's not quite the same, but I was anxious to see if I could upload and place order during this free period.  Yea!!!

It worked.  Now it's just wait and watch for packages.

If I like them, I may recreate some of my altered books this way.  I would like to see how they look.     Then I can donate the originals to a special collections library, or sell them.