Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Book report

Three books have come in now, created on Shutterfly app.   I'm very happy with printing, binding, service, and colors.  Less happy with the text I added.

It looked larger on screen, but in book, it's mostly too small.  There were a lot of options for fonts and sizes, but the spaces allowed on the pages were not adequate to add blocks of text in good easy to read sizes. 

Book #2 the gift for my son had practically no text.  Its fabulous. We spent at least an hour admiring it together while he explained the shots I had selected.  Where they were, what happened along the way.  What angle it was taken from.  With the help of Google maps on my tablet, he showed me exactly where some shots were taken, so I had the fun of seeing what was at the end of the roads...   Matt's wife was out of town and he had some rare time to kill... I'm glad he killed it with me.

Book #3. On abstracts is really nice.  I had figured out better layouts and edited down the number of photos to use.  I'm very happy with it, except for text size.  I really thought I had figured it out but I was wrong.

Book #4  is a remake of the abstract book. I was notified today that it was shipped, so before long it will here, this time with 40 pages. Some pages only have text.  I hope this works.  I'm still in a learning curve.  And I'm stubborn.  I dont like to pick up the phone and talk it out with their techies. I want to figure it out myself. 

Book #5. Was to be a remake of one of my altered books.   I ended up not happy with it, so deleted it.  Same with book #6. Another altered book.   Will delay further work on these.  Maybe later....

Book #7.  Oh boy.  My needle felted works.   Hopefully. I have yet to photograph them.   I think the colors and textures will show well.    I'm just finishing one, then will turn to photographing half a dozen to see how they look on screen. 

That's it for now.  I recommend putting some of your favorite art pieces in book form.   I'm collecting emails of friends who will get a free book offer from Shutterfly.  It's like giving them a present...or a new addiction.