Friday, April 5, 2019

Mixed media group

What a fun day we had yesterday.   Our project was inchies.  Carol, Cheri, Pam, Marilyn, Jean, Elizabeth and I chatted away as we worked on them, sharing ideas and supplies.  Thanks Carol for bringing so many things we could use.   

I was trying to think how to hang some of mine from the fixture over our table.  I was thinking of punching holes and using jump rings, but then Marilyn came up with a good solution, which will take less time and effort.  Thanks Marilyn.  I will show pictures soon.

I had set out loads of giveaways. As I am moving away from paper arts and need to get rid of drawers full of images and specialty papers, etc.  Also more books I dont refer to now. 

Books went first.  Wonderful books.   Its just that they are not interesting to me now, and they should be with people who will love and be inspired by them.  As I was a few years ago.  Lots of papers went, in fact almost everything.  Yay. 

As a couple members are really just now getting into mixed media seriously - the timing was right. 

One brought a couple pieces shes done since our last meeting.    Really nice work. She got good feedback from members and some advice on showing and selling.     Being part of this group is a big part of my life.   I have learned so much from them, and treasure the friendships.