Friday, June 7, 2019

Floral surprise

At senior art one of my friends gave me an ink jet print of a photo she took to use as a reference.  The next day I saw it sitting on my art table and thought Id play around with it.

I started by tearing it up and using two pieces as part of a collage, covering the entire old canvas with other collage papers.

  Then I put a red iron oxide glaze over the entire piece and quickly scrubbed most of it off.   This changed the color of the flowers.  My intention was to do a wild Bob Burridge exercise and end up with a colorful lively floral with lots of collage papers showing through.  It didnt happen!

But you know sometimes art override comes into play.  It painted itself.  Using a 3 color combination I have never explored before.  Jenkins green,  Paynes grey, and red iron oxide and white.   Old Golden transparent paints.    And a bit of charcoal.
Picture shows another of Carol Lynnes inket prints.