Friday, December 18, 2020

LibriVox audio books

 When I am in the studio, or late at night, I enjoy having books read to me.   LibriVox is my choice.  Check their website. It is free and has a very full library of titles read by volunteers.  It also has books that are not free, but my taste runs to copyright free works from early 20th century, or mid  to late 19th century.  These are usually free.  

My obsession with it started with Queen Lucia by E.F. Benson read by Martin Clifton.   This book takes place in a small English coastal village.  Mr Clifton reads beautifully I love his English accent.    E. F. Benson is a favorite author.  I downloaded it to computer years ago.   Now I use my tablet so it can be carried to wherever I want to listen. Even working in the garden.   

My choices of LibriVox books fall into three major categories.  Free. Light hearted humor.  Good reader.    

Today I finished The Indiscretions of Archie by P.G. Wodehouse.  It was read by Mark Nelson, an excellent American reader who is a fan of Wodehouse but reads mainly Sci Fi books.   As much as I like Marks reading,  I will not be listening to those.  LOL. Instead I will be moving on to Love Among the Chickens by Wodehouse, which Mark says is his favorite Wodehouse book. .   It checks all my boxes, and I love chickens.   I'm looking forward to it. 

I recommend it highly.  I invite you to join me in a good book.