Sunday, January 2, 2011

Post Cards - New Year's series



NAPPY NEW YEAR!
A stack of small snapshots of babies which I bought on Ebay a couple years ago surfaced in my studio, and I decided it was the perfect timing to make New Year's cards. I had recently purchased a pad of Hippie Chic cardstock in a 4.5 x 6.5 size which I thought would make great backgrounds for "something - someday". Rather than put it away and forget about it, I used it for these cards. I wasn't sure how well glue would hold the snapshots on the backgrounds so I used little colored staples. I also printed the words Nappy New Year and Happy New Year on label/sticker paper, some transparent and some on white. And I snagged a little saying from a vintage post card that I thought would look good on them. The quote is "May the New Year hold its golden rays and bring you joys through other days. " I used a number rubber stamp and also the word hello on each card. I dont' know who these adorable little babies were, but hope they are thriving. Their images should make the recipients smile. Here are a few. BTW, I hope you have a great year ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment