Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A rose is a rose




Naming paintings is always a tricky business. For the show at the Senior Center, I entered two works. We had to turn in the paperwork early and I had not really decided which ones to enter. I thought the Life is a Circus piece would be good to hang there, and the other piece .... hmmm.....
So I filled out the form with 1. Life is a Circus and 2. To be determined.

When I got to see the tags they made, my second piece, which was really named On With The Dance - now had the title "Life is a Circus To be Determined". Huh? Okay, works for me. It actually is a good name for it. Certainly an interesting name, very thought provoking, isn't it? Anyhow, it gave me a giggle and I though it might give you one too. I guess sometimes they name themselves. lol

I decided not to hang the original Circus piece, so the other piece was simply called Mixed Media on it's card (It's really "Blithe Spirit" - shown here). Note to self. Make up your mind and stick to it before you turn in paperwork. Makes life easier for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment