Friday, May 11, 2012

A little free time




Now that the program is at the printer's for the Spring Art show, I can call my life my own again. Whew! One day on a break I looked into a boot that's been on the shelf for several years. "New Directions in Altered Books" by Gabe Cyr. In it, there are a couple pages of self portraits by artist Pamm O. Hanson done in watercolor on pages in an old book. She painted one a day for a month. and a few more. I really like images over text, so as soon as I had a break, I had to try painting in a book. I used watercolor crayons and water. Here are some samples done on various break times. I'll want to revisit this technique again soon. The bright one is enhanced by increasing the contrast in Photoshop Elements. The pages are old and dry and soak up the moisture immediately. And they dry much lighter in color than they appear while painting them. I may go back with some pen and ink on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment