Friday, June 28, 2013

Out and about

This is such a good year for finding unexpected art shows and gatherings.   I just keep stumbling across them.     Last weekend in Murphys, there was an outdoor exhibit at a winetasting shop on the southern end of Main Street, downtown Murphys.  It is annual event.    I'll try to get there next year now that I know about it, and maybe I'll go up for Open Studios in the fall to see them again. .

 This is Ruth Morra of Arnold.    Originally my friend Francis introduced us, so it was good to see her again. 

Cate Culver was also showing her work there.   You can see more at www.cateculver.com    I particularly like her paintings of chairs.  They look so inviting, I just want to go sit on one.


   One of the best oil painters I've seen in ages was showing and now I'm a big fan of her work.  Iher name is Janette Jones, and you can see her work at www.janettejones.com      I can't afford to buy it, but I can certainly appreciate it.     She can breathe light and airiness into her oil paintings in a way I only dream of doing.    

No comments:

Post a Comment