Thursday, October 10, 2013

Lulu in progress

I started another painting of Lulu.    She's a willing subject, but looks different every time I look at her with her tousled hair and wonky teeth.         Here is what I did at the senior center Monday morning, doesn't she look angelic?     Well, she isn't.     It needs a lot more work, but I photographed it so I could remember there is an angel dog hidden behind the scruffy rough and tumble little terrier/devil dog I know so well.    

This was done with a pencil sketch and thinned out acrylic washes.     White gesso, raw umber, red iron oxide and yellow iron oxide. 

There is  a plaid chair sketched in behind her, not sure how I will handle that yet.     Next time you see this you probably will not recognize it.    Lulu is a challenge in life and in paintings.       

1 comment:

  1. Love how you have captured the expression in Lulu's eyes!
    She is adorable.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete