Thursday, October 9, 2014

My new masterpiece

I did it!    I combined the little photo of my dad and the survey crew with a gelli plate print.      I wish I could remember now how I got the grainy look in the background.    But it seemed like the best choice of the daily batch.   Cutting out the tiny figures was not easy - I used a magnifying glass on a stand so I could see it.      I had planned to place them in the entrance to a mine shaft or tunnel, but I didn't like the way it looked even though I printed 6-8 tunnels on the gelli plate.   I just could not get one I loved.    but this one I do.   

I placed this one on the scanner without the mat on, so the image is better than the last batch I posted. 

What I like about it is that it's a hint of a landscape and nothing more.     Mountains?  Desert?  Glaciers?
I leave it to your imagination.   That's dad on the left looking out across the countryside.   This one will go to the gallery for the small works show next month.     What do you think?     I love it.

4 comments:

  1. I like the way the background suggests landscape too.... Sometimes we are lead to far along an art piece... where our imaginations can't play... in this.. we can play.... with the after image in our heads!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your comment Beth. I like your take on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it too !! It has a real depth to it. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is lovely, it captures the imagination and tells a story that the viewer can interpret. The ambiguity of where they are means that anyone can imagine their father, or grandfather in the picture. I am not surprised the judges loved it. Xx

    ReplyDelete