Sunday, February 1, 2015

Playing art catch up.

Yesterday Frances, Trevor and I went downtown to pick up our work from the Mexican Heritage Center.    Here are some pics of the show in their gallery.

This was the Art Against Violence exhibit.    i was really impressed with the spaciousness, lighting, and the way the show was hung.   they did a great job.     



















Our mixed media group has been meeting every week in January and will do the same in Feb.    It's a great way to stay energized as a group and individually.     One of our founding members was able to attend last week, and a new member is now on board.   Another newer member who claims she is not an artist, although she has won several ribbons for her collage work in juried shows - is getting used to us and I think will be a  good addition to our group.
I think we are enjoying the weekly format so much we might go on into March with it as well.

march is our group show at the gallery, and I spent all day today designing the post card announcements, and tying up loose ends with the members.      it's been a long day sitting down, don't ask why I'm back at the computer again.   LOL    

This week I mailed off two  sets of post cards for swaps.  I think it was 26  total.    One of them had to be hand carved, and both were winter themes, so I used the same image for both sets.      Here is the polar bear stamp I carved, stamped over vintage music pages from an old book of hymns.   









Here is the little owl rubber stamp I carved.   



















Next I want to show you two post cards I recwieved this week.

The colorful one which was a RAK from my friend and mixed media group member Barbara is so bright and cheery.  Thanks Barbara, it made my day.     Ant it was one of those dreary foggy days! 













This next one is from Beth, one of the CA Art Girls who swapped Winter Themed post cards.   It's done with aluminum duct tape and gesso over shapes that give the texture. .   it's a very cool look.   In fact, it's downright chilly.    Thanks, Beth.



No comments:

Post a Comment