Monday, August 31, 2015

Experimenting with inks.

New colors from the Tim Holtz line of walnut inks and distress inks has led me to play around with simple landscapes.     I love the simple elegance of these, although I'm probably alone in it.   It's in my "Peaceful Places" series.     Here are a few samples done in the  last couple weeks.     




 The first two are with walnut inks and water. The top one was sold at the gallery ,   
Now I added in a little distress ink and more water. 










The Turner exhibit is showing in San Francisco right now.  I have not been there, but I have a book of his watercolor landscapes that I'm sure have influenced my choices of colors.     He is such a master and has great control. 

One the other hand, there is something to be said for letting it all do whatever it wants, and then tweak it a bit.   LOL    

I have more colors ordered. They will be here Thursday for our meeting, and I'll be anxious to get back to the studio for another batch of experiments.      So far I have not ventured  further than neutrals.   

3 comments:

  1. I'm fond of the the first image. Like where you are going with the inks.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janene, I just love the top one. WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete