Monday, March 16, 2020

Gelli plate experiments. Isolation, what to do?

With the pandemic scare, and my age, it is advisable by most sources to isolate from the outside world.      Its rainy so I would probably be home today anyway.  The senior centers are closed.   The libraries and schools are closed.  My friends and I are texting and calling.  We just are not out doing things together.     



I didn't want to watch the news, so I watched a you tube video this morning under AliceArts.    Ruth Alice Kosnick was the creator. She is a brilliant artist.    Her demo of "Herrings" was si intriguing, I got my stuff our of drawers and boxes and laid things out on my dining table.  Each time I experiment with gelli printing it is a new experience.  Getting familiar with the timing is my biggest issue.     But little by little I began to get the feel for it again. 

Here are my first halfway successful attempts.  Tomorrow Im sure I will produce even better pieces.