Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Altered Book - WATER - gathering phase


An oversized book on Water is the base for a new altered book. On my picturetrail site, there is a book named FISH. It was stolen. I tell all about it there. I thought I'd like to have paper copies of the photos I had taken of the book and insert them into a new work. So, with new print cartridges in the old inkjet printer, I thought this would be a good time to print them out. I also have been collecting images of fishermen and fish, as well as some interesting fabrics and papers that will lend themselves to this piece. When I went online to order the Fred B. Mullett fish stamps I've been lusting after for years, I found that website is down, but by doing a little frustrated searching - I found the Stampdiva.com website and placed an order there. The stamps arrived within a couple days. They will be used liberally in this book and for years to come. Here are some of the things I have laid out. This is the gathering phase. I have not planned the format or layout yet. I'll show more as it progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment