Sunday, November 29, 2009

Skydivers an image

This is the image I created to illustrate the poem "sky divers" which I wrote to celebrate the season. After painting on the body and gluing on the head, I took a photo and then layered it over a photo I took in my back yard. I talk more about it on my other blog if you care to read more. I will probably use it some way in a new very short altered book.

SkyDivers
Who dressed you in your bright colors?
Who taught you to float in the air?
Who chose a crisp autumn morn
tapped you on the shoulder and said "jump"
to launch you out into space?

Who showed you the way to drift?
and pointed you to my back yard,
so I can enjoy your beauty
before I blow you into piles
and bundle you off to the dumpster?
Copyright Janene Ford 2009

2 comments:

  1. Dear Janene,
    I wish I could write whimsical poetry like you do....it's time to write an entire book of poetry! I'll be first in line at the bookstore. The image of the man combined with the leaf is just too much.....so "Janene".... as anyone will attest who has seen your work! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought your concept of a leaf being a sky diver was intriguing - many stories could evolve from this!

    ReplyDelete