Saturday, February 13, 2010

New Mixed Media Group in Lodi


We had our first meeting on Thursday, and it's going to be a really fun group with diverse interests as well as a lot of overlapping ones. We plan to meet twice a month, and will have hands on projects. If I'm not into what the project is - I'll sit quietly and work on an altered book. The picture shows a few of us at our first meeting.

I'd like to encourage you to find other artists to meet with, and make art with. It is very stimulating to see what they are doing, and to share your own work. I learned of some new products right off the bat. You never know what you'll learn, or what you can teach unless you get out there among other artists. It took several years to find the right place and the right people - I just hadn't looked in the right place! I think we will have nearly 20 gals in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment