Friday, May 13, 2011

Another Postal Puzzle



I made a bunch of post cards recently on the backs of flash cards. I liked the weight, and even though technically, they were below the minimum size listed on the postal service web site, I thought I'd try sending them. (They measure 3 1/4 x 5 1/4 inches.) Hmmmm..... One just came back with a stamped message, "non mailable due to size". This one was sent to Herald, CA. Maybe they have a fussy postal employee there that struts around with rubber stamps strapped to a belt and just looks for things to refuse. The gestapo of the p.o. LOL The post card was mailed back to me though, and the rest of them seem to have gotten to their destinations. Go figure!

I have 20 more of the same size ready to mail. Hmmmm.... shalll I post them? I think I'll talk to my favorite post office employees and see what they say. A friend told me I could mail any size but might need to pay more. I think I should find out and let you know. I think they have some freedom to interpret the rules for themselves.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Love this postcard! I received one of the smaller postcards from you today and it made it here with no problems. Hope the others arrive at their destinations too. Maybe that postal worker was "Stamp Happy" and Bored!" LOL
    Love the class that you took.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete