Monday, February 20, 2012

New projects


I have several new things in the works. At the beach last week, our art project was to work on constructing a book with lots of vintage ephemera and papers inside a recycled book cover and spine. Most of us only collected and assembled some of the signatures that will go into the book. I plan to make two of them for special people I know.

The Lodi Community Art Center is getting in gear for the big Spring Art Show. They asked me to design the post cards, name labels, and program this year. The juried show does not have a theme and is open to artists anywhere, the registration and judging is being done online this year. I'll miss the job of taking in the art and seeing it all in person before the judging is done. But, I guess this is the way of the future.

I need to get started right away on this project. The theme for the First Night event is Old Hollywood and they want me to incorporate the essence of old Hollywood into my collage piece. Hmm......

I'm also going to do a presentation on altered books, book arts, and mail art to that group for next month's membership meeting. I asked Sally to do it with me. She has lots of fun new things to show. I need to finish some things I started so they will be ready to show also.

Then I need to think if I have anything ready to show at the Spring Art Show. Hmmmm..... or do I need to do a new piece? Large things show better there. Hmmmm........

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janene,
    Wow, you have been really busy! Sorry I have been absent from your blog but what counts is that I am back, right? :)
    Lots of catching up, love your stitched faces, all the Valentine cards YOU made and the ones you received.
    Your Lodi group Spring Art Show sounds like it is going to be fun. You are going to be busy and can't wait to see the things you come up with.
    Keep well and hugs

    ReplyDelete