Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Vintage Hollywood


Off to the costume shop for an old Hollywood look. Costume Shop? Haven't been to one since - well, actually, never. LOL Usually I throw things together and call it a look, but since our Gala Opening is a BIG DEAL, I thought I'd see what they had. This is the Norma Desmond in Sunset Blvd look. I tweaked it a bit in Photoshop. I can't carry it off without a lot of makeup, but it was fun to try it on. My friend Bobbi snapped this quickly. She's fun to shop with. Then I went to visit my friend Francis who plans to be Mae West (she is a wild woman). We talked about costumes, and then I talked to my friend Cat, who loves fashion. Cat suggested I go as Hedda Hopper. I like that idea. I have her black fox collar, and just need a basic black gown or dress, and a super hat. Now, that's something I can get into. I love hats. So, for now, that's the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment