Thursday, September 25, 2014

Goats are us.

Recently I was sent an invitation to the reception for the next art show at the Knowlton Gallery in Lodi.     The photo of one painting blew me away.  I could not get the image of the goats in the meadow out of my head.   I checked into their online shop and found it is way, way, waaaayyyy out of my price range, so I decided just to paint a couple of goats myself.    Believe me, they are kindergarten level next to the masterpiece I fell in love with, but it was fun to work on them and remember the days we had a little herd of goats grazing amongst the manzanitas on our hilltop above Jackson, Ca.      How fun it was to shake the bucket full of oats with molasses on them, and wait for the herd to come dashing up for their treats.       My son Matt had a little white goat he named cloud.     Our first baby goats were born on a St. Patricks day, so we named them Patti and Molly.     Nice Irish sounding names to celebrate the day.     Here are my goat paintings.

These were just d one as part of the 30 pieces of art in 30 days.      

If you'd like to see a short video on the artists showing at the Knowlton, the artist whose work I love so much is Kathleen Dunphy, and her goat painting is shown at the end of the interview.    You'll get a sense of the peacefulness of the scene of goats grazing in a sunny meadow.    Here is the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4tuva3Ni5A&list=UUondM_leFbeBIIAbLiTHEfw

No comments:

Post a Comment