Sunday, June 21, 2015

Home again, with goodies

Froze on the coast.    Well, not really, but the foggy chill in the mornings is something I'm not used to.     Got home yesterday to 99 degree weather.     What a shock to get out of the AC car and step out into the valley oven.

Rosemary drove for the whole trip, which  made it so nice for Cat and me, since neither of us would have braved the traffic in Santa Cruz, and winding around Santa Cruz mountain roads.      We had to get to Boulder Creek to our favorite shop.    Cat bought several things from Chris Flynn, who is so clever with her use of laces and vintage fabrics.     We also shopped at Carolines in Capitola, a shop that benefits many local non profits, run by volunteers.    We always stop there, always find something.   I bought a necklace and a beach wrap, doubles as a shawl/wrap.     Just enough to keep the cool sea breezes off my shoulders.     

Here are some of the goodies I came home with.     A chicken wire shoe for the garden, a red trivet, my new necklace and a piece of fabric.    I love how colorful they look together.

Dogs and I are glad to be home, but now every time I brush against the leashes hanging on the doorknob, they think they are going somewhere fun.       I just want to rest up for the day.   I unloaded the car this a.m. before it heats up again.  We are supposed to get Delta breezes today which should keep temp in  high 80s.     Should be wonderful day.    Hope it is for you too.

Did you notice there are no pics of the ocean, the beaches, or anything nautical.      Not this time.    Too busy doing other things.    LOL     

No comments:

Post a Comment