Friday, September 6, 2019

Here a pear, there a pear...

Bob Burridge demonstrated painting pears on more than one of his videos. You can find them on his web site or on You Tube.

I love pears. I love the shape, the flavor, the scent.  All things pears.   (You dont need to spread this around-- but I am a pear shaped woman😉 LOL).  For years I have explored the artistic possibilities of pears in art by painting them in watercolor, photography, print making, rubber stamp carving, and acrylic painting.

Now that Bobs Blasts are part of my art life, I was excited to try his technique.  First to get his mantra into my head.  "Short choppy strokes!  Light against dark, dark against light!"

Before I knew it I was on a roll.  Here are the results.   If time permits I will try to post individual pictures of my favorites.   Im quite proud of them.
Everyone asked what paper or canvas these are on.  Its like book cover board.

 Years ago the US Postal Service had a program to check up on their deliveries.  They sent out envelopes with a book board in them.  Two sizes.  Recipients would then report the tracking number, date they received the  package and the condition of the envelope.  Quality control before internet.

 My aunt was one of the recipients. Her report was filed monthly and she received a small check in payment.   And she could keep the book boards.  She shared them with schools and artists who could use them.  She had stacks of each size.

I have been using and sharing my supply for years but have about reached the last of them.  Sadly the well is going dry.

These book boards always bring back such fond memories of my aunt and our days at the beach house,  pouring over her art books and going on little jaunts.