Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Pandemic in the kitchen.

Culinary art.  Otherwise known here as using whatever is in the freezer  and pantry.

Day before yesterday I noticed a carton of non dairy creamer in refrigerator with a looming use by date.  It was going to be used in a pie, but I did not feel like making a pie.

Sometimes I make cream of broccoli soup with this product, but not today.

So, I concocted a tomato bisque soup with a can of no salt added petite cut tomato pieces,  onion and garlic powders,  pepper, and on a whim,  a couple handfuls of unsalted white corn tortilla chips from Trader Joes.  Simmered on low for a few minutes.  Served hot in mug with soup spoon.   OMG.  Its so good. 

 Leftovers in refrigerator were even better cold the next day as between meal snack.     The tortilla chips were genious!    Next time I may add a little chili powder.