Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Altered Book - The Economy 2009


I just uploaded the pictures of this new work to my picturetrail albums. Click on the title of this post and it will take you there. Altering this book took just one day from beginning to end. I only employed the use of three tools - a glue stick, a rubber stamp, and a pair of scissors. This is a minimalist method, of putting one's thoughts into the work and forgoing artistic techniques and tricks. It's a very straightforward piece - a political comment in collage. It's me waving my little flag!

If you visit the picturetrail site, you will see I credited the sources of images on the first page. I think it is very important to do this whenever possible. We need to show our respect for the work of artists, editors, etc. oops! another little flag to wave!

No comments:

Post a Comment