Monday, March 21, 2011

Stamp carving in odd moments




It is fun to have a medium in which you can pick it up and work on it for only a few minutes, and end up with something you can use again and again. That's why I like carving stamps. Here are the latest. I really like carving faces, not pretty ones, but ones with character, with stories to tell. I can't draw a decent face but I can carve. Go figure. Batter Up is the name I'm giving the series with te baseball players. They look a bit more like cave men - but I know the difference. LOL And Waves is a new series. Sort of Van Gogh like images. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I carve with small box cutters. The ones with the snap off blades. Rubber dulls them fairly quickly, and the lines get scraggly if I don't change them. If you are doing this, please be careful. Protect your hands and your eyes .

No comments:

Post a Comment