Sunday, October 23, 2011

Change of pace, a quilt show








Yesterday some friends and I went to a quilt show at Murphys' Ironstone Vineyards. The setting was perfect, the weather also. And the quilt show was full of interesting works to view. Here are some pics. We had lunch at the old hotel garden in Murphy's. On the walkway into the show, there were decorated boots and shoes lining the path to show the way to go. One of my favorite quilts was this simple one with insets of chenille. Oh my it looked so soft and cosy. The purple and gold one was made for the brother of the quilter, who loved his fancy booze. The modern art piece was in honor of Dave Brubeck, and it played "Take Five" if you touched the corner.
Nice show, nice day. One can get inspiration for mixed media projects by visiting quilt shows as well as art galleries. Hmmmm..... now what shall I start on?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janene,
    I am back home! Missed you!
    Love all the great pc's you have received while I was away. The quilts are lovely and that Halloween Shoe is really neat.
    Hope you had a great time.
    Hugs,
    When you get a moment please visit my blog. I uploaded some photos of my trip. :)

    ReplyDelete