Friday, April 4, 2014

Mixed Media Play Day

yesterday our mixed media group met at our old Pizza place for our meeting.   They were kind enough to  let us take over a few tables for the entire morning while we had show and tell to start with and then a group project led by my pal Rosemary.   She showed us some zen doodles on Easter shapes.   Bunnies,eggs, crosses.      And she brought samples, some books with designs, and supplies.  We each had our own personal tool kits, including things like scissors, pens, pencils, ruler, paints, etc.      

I knew what the project would be and had already decided a few weeks back, to start a  new journal with a sample of each meeting's projects.    So, I prestamped eggs on a journal page with distress inks for a background, figuring I'd mount my shaped piece on top.      Today I added the textures and doodles to the background.    I used some of the new Balzar stencils for some of the shapes in background.         Then I added the piece I worked on at the meetig yesterday.    Here is the result.  







No comments:

Post a Comment