Friday, May 3, 2019

A puzzlement

Lulu my little terrier/terror hunter would not come inside after her walk.  I was busy and figured she was basking in ghe sun. Or terrorizing local lizards. I finally went out to look as she did not respond to my "do you want a cookie?" Call that is always the sure fire way to get her to come.     I spotted her by seeing her tail wagging near a group of flower pots.  But her head was not sniffing at the bases. Instead she was sniffing and licking at the top of a stack if bait traps which are there for decorative purposes. 

The sun was so bright i could not see what was there. Must be a bug was my first thought.  Looking more closely I saw this.   
 Poor little lizard fled from Lulu and got itself wedged between cages which have been stuck together for years.    It went down from the top through a small opening then crawled upward.
I am not sure how it will get out, but i hope it finds its way.  I moved it into the carport where Lulu cant harass it.  My nature watching has added a new experience to enrich my life.   

Earlier today I had Canadian Geese land on my roof, not uncommon where I live.     But noisy.