Tuesday, May 14, 2019

SAYING GOODBYE

This collage was inspired by those two words which were on a scrap from a magazine.    Hmmmm....   chose to use blues again as separations can be sad.   I finished this before I started watching Bobs.  Blasts.    Now I notice two of his first decisions are the concept and colors.    We are on parralel paths it seems. 
I first built up a textured background.  Then I added the figure on the right.  I thought that was done, but after a few days I decided to add the figure on the left.  And left center empty.   

 Im not sure where the focal point is.  Or if it has one.   I like the tension of the space between the two as they part, leaving unsaid words and unfinished business there.  

This is painted over an old painting I never cared for.  Only bits of it can be seen through the scratches and layers.      All done.