Monday, May 13, 2019

Bob Burridge paints

I recently found the Bob Burridge web site and his You Tube videos called Bob's Blasts. (Check it out) He is delightful.  Jack Lemmonish, quirky and personable.  I love how colorful and free his work is so I am indulging myself with watching one or two segemnts a day.   And I bought three of his dvds.  Today I tried my first piece following his formula.  I wasnt using  good quality paints so didnt like the colors, even though I mixed and layered etc.   I will make it a point to invest in some better acryllics.  Most of my old ones were dried out so I was limited. 

 Im ready to jump into this to see if I can do it.   Concept, colors, composition, and commitment.      His formula sounds easy enough but I have never planned an abstract collage painting in this way.   I may have a concept and colors, but never think about the composition, letting it lead me wherever.   But they are always disappointing.  Perhaps this is what will help me get results I like.   We will see.   It will be fun trying.