Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Carved Stamps Sept 6


Bobbi and I sat at the gallery this morning, and between swapping stories and chatting with other people passing through, I managed to carve this woman's head. The man's head I did late yesterday. I think I like carving heads because I find faces so difficult to draw to my satisfaction. The woman's head is based on Bruni's wife's portrait which he did back in the 1920's. I changed it to suit me, but at the same time it retains the charm of his work. The man is an unidentified man I traced from a book. You can almost see the resemblance. LOL It is very difficult for me to control expressions on my rubber stamps because you have to work so tight on small works. Between old eyes, and old hands ....... I like them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment