Thursday, April 16, 2020

Alcohol inks on transparencies

My obsession with fish led to experiment with some transparencies I came across while looking for graph paper.   I thought that the vibrancy of alcohol inks would make striking fish to hang from my old hanging lamp in the studio.

I had the fish sketches i did prior to painting them on canvas.   I laid the transparency right over the sketches and dripped alcohol inks over them.  Next batch, I drew ink outlines with permanent ink on the wrong side of transparecy.   That way the alcohol on the right side would not bleed into the ink.

I played with manipulating the inks with the blending solution and with rubbing alcohol.  I had a wonderful time experimenting.   Good ventilation is advised, if you want to try this.    And gloves. These are permanent inks. 

Heres a sheet of my fish.