Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Mosaic time in isolation

I have the supplies, I have the time.  Setting aside my paints for a few days, mosaics seemed to creep into my consciousness again after a friend left some broken china on my porch.

California weather is warming up. We get the delta breezes most of the year here in the valley between ocean and Sierra range.  For me that means a warm studio, and now with the free time, its my favorite place to create.    With the windows open I get the fresh air and can hear the wind chimes, day and night. 

 I had planned to do mosaics again outside in the summer, but who knows what summer will bring, weatherwise and socially?

 This is what I started this morning. Its meant to act as a pedestal with another pot on top. 

These are rose petals I am drying.   Eco dying?  Perhaps.   

Stay safe, stay well.