Monday, July 11, 2011

Exhibiting work


I entered three works (collage/paint mixed media pieces) in the Lodi Community Art Center Membership show which is hanging this month in the gallery. I was told by Patti Wallace, who got first place in mixed media, with a piece she created in Roberta's workshop, that I took second place. But, I don't know which one is the one that got the ribbon/cash. Hmmm... I work at the gallery tomorrow and will see when I get there. I only feel like one was worthy of a ribbon, so it better be that one. Patti said the judge of the show noted that mixed media has a very strong presence in the gallery/group. YEA! We sure do. I wish I could show you everyone's work. I'll post some pics after I take them tomorrow.

Post note, July 13th. this is the one that took a 2nd place ribbon. I had reworked an earlier work called Time Warriors. I competely took out all the background and color and added in the arches and architectural details. Now it is called "I am Woman" . The question is poses is - can a woman be on a pedestal and still have power?

I also got an honorable mention ribbon for the circus collage painting I showed here awhile back. I personally do not think it was good enough, but the judge did. Last night at the gallery we had our monthly meeting and the judge was there to critique the entries. She didn't make any profound comments on any of the art. I never did find out her criteria for judging. That's my fault, I did not ask the question.

I was kind of dragging as my DIL Christina graduated from Heald's College last evening and I had just come from there in time to sit in the end of the art meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment