Thursday, May 16, 2013

The new gallery space in Lodi

I had my first visit to the new gallery and studio space.    I liked it much better than I thought I would.    Of course it is still a work in progress, but I can see they have already made some changes that give more wall space for hanging paintings, and kept some of the built in cases in which smaller works, 3 dimensional things, and also paintings can be displayed.    I used to love the illuminated wall cases at the library. Things showed very well there.     These will work the same way with movable shelving which can be raised, lowered, or removed depending on what's being shown.    JCs glass pieces will really show well there. And Glen's wood pieces, and other's pottery will show well in them too.       The studio class room is awesome.   It has a southern exposure and high ceilings.    Nothing fancy, but the lighting is wonderful and I adore high ceilings.
The floor is a mess there, but that can be fixed later on.   Right now the push is on to get the gallery ready to open so we can be in business again and make back some of the money we are spending on renovations.

There are lighting issues to be addressed, floors to be upgraded, walls to be painted - and more.  It's exciting to see it now and watch the progress.      

I didn't take the camera with me, I walked out of the house thinking it was in  my purse, but I had used it at home this am and forgot to put it back in.   I promise to get  pictures posted soon.    


No comments:

Post a Comment