Thursday, November 14, 2013

Small Works Show in Lodi

Tis the season..... tra la, tra la.       The local art groups put on small works shows this time of year in the attempt to seduce the public into purchasing small works of art for holiday gifting.     The show runs from the beginning of November until the end of the year.       The gallery needs the sales badly.   It is hard to get established in a new location, and even though there is more walk in traffic, the sales have not been as good as anticipated by the driving forces that made the move happen.   It all takes time.   And lots of efforts by many people.  

My grandson Trevor and I worked for three days taking in over 200 pieces of art.   Not all wall art.   Some pottery, some jewelry, some buttons, glass work, fiber arts, etc.      A really nice variety of things.   I also put in some of my embellished cutlery. 


I entered two pieces, the chicken and the rooster.   I had them framed and they are now in the front window. Here are pics from the gallery.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment