Sunday, November 8, 2020

Abstract face and politics


 I drew these Friday, and painted them this weekend.  The Posca pens are great for line work.  I dont have a steady enough hand to use a fine tip brush any more.   I am enjoying this series. I can draw in the evening and paint during the day.   Right now we are having a cold snap. A week ago it was hot.   One of my dogs is curled up next to me nursing an injured foot, while the other one is on the elevated footrest of the recliner snuggled up against my feet.    

Its Sunday evening.    Things seem pretty calm now, although of course President Trump is thumping his chest and bellowing about being cheated,  and demanding investigations and recounts.    Biden won by a wide enough margin that the results should stand.    This is what we expected. Biden calling for patience and calm while Trump is trying to incite his followers to take actions.   

For months I watched videos on You Tube of Republicans voting Against Trump.  It gave me hope as they each explained what caused them to turn away from the Trump ticket.   Now I miss these videos.  Viewers could leave comments to the person who posted, and I often did that.  A lot of retired military,  some young voters, men and women of all ages.   I was very touched and encouraged by this peaceful  grass roots movement.  

Trump will remain in office until Biden is sworn in in January.  You can bet Trump will try to reek revenge and step up his agenda forcing things through the senate and making presidental orders to suit himself.  He is trying to erase anything Obama put in place.    It will be rocky.  I am sure his tweets and stoking the fires under his supporters will get nastier between now and then.   He is not known for fair play or graciousness. He is a racist bully.