Saturday, November 7, 2020

Abstract faces


 I am replenishing my stockpile of abstract faces by painting a new batch.  Awhile back I drew all these faces in a sketchbook.  A couple friends came over for a chat and show and tell.   The abstract faces which were matted and packaged in clear bags were a hit.    I am not showing my work in galleries currently, so I said, if you like them you can have them.     So they helped themselves.  It felt so good to see my art going on to new homes.   This was Barbaras number one choice.   

 I am glad I had already taken a picture or I would not have turned loose of her.    So I am sharing it with you.   I think I gave away 8 paintings last week.   Yay.  And sent another 8 paintings done during the pandemic to Nevada for my family there.   Koi, florals, and a couple I painted in their bedroom colors. 

Yesterday i set up my painting area in dining room again, as we are having a cold snap and its more comfortable to paint there.  I started a couple more abstract faces, and have three more sketched on collaged backgrounds.     It will be fun to see how they turn out.