Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Election Day




I have avoided listening or watching news or election coverage all day.     I am way too emotionally involved in this election.  I was in the last presidential  election as well.  But in that case the polls and early votes made me comfortable enough to go to bed for a good nights sleep.   Believing no sane nation would elect a lying, cheating, braggadocious buffoon.  

When I awoke in the morning, i turned on the news to learn, in fact that is what happened.  At first I thought it was a joke, it was so unreal.   I felt like I had been punched in the stomach.  We new Trump was not really a successful business man, he had many bankruptcies in his past. He displays no moral values that we can respect.   Trump is a con man, reality show personality.  Dont we deserve better than that?  He is a liar, cheats on all his wives, cant give a decent speech, and is borderline illiterate.   He is a racist and panders to the white supremeists.   Why would people vote for him ?  They didnt want Hilary Clinton as president.    

It may take days or weeks to finish counting votes, so there may not be an annoucement in the morning.   The country is so divided there is likely to be violence.  Trump supporters are often armed.   Scary.    I am burying myself in my art work until there is a resolution, whatever it may be.